Participating in Outdoor Pursuits carry inherent risk. The Edge Outdoor Activities Limited (Edge) minimise this where reasonably practicable but bumps, grazes, cuts or more serious injury cannot be ruled out.
No activities can be carried out until a Waiver form has been completed in full, for all participants and handed in at reception.
Age and height restrictions are placed on activities by our Insurers and for safety reasons in line with our Risk Assessment’s. Incorrect DOB’s or details either knowingly or unknowingly free Edge from blame in the event of an incident.
Prices, Payment and Refunds
- No booking is confirmed until payment is received at which point the customer will be emailed a booking confirmation, and waiver form. The customer will have to notify any mistakes made on the correspondence within 24 hours.
- Payment is required in full at the time of booking. Edge may allow a 50% deposit payment for larger bookings with the balance and confirmed participants to be made 4 weeks prior to the event.
- Dress codes are advised on the telephone and listed on the confirmation. No refunds will be given due to not adhering to these requirements.
- Customers are allowed to change booking dates for activities with two full day’s notice, if a booking was for Saturday, we would need notification of any changes no later than the Wednesday prior to the event. No changes can be made after this point with the exception of a positive Covid notification resulting in self isolation for a member of the organisers household.
- Prices will be charged at the latest rates, which will be as advertised on the website. Edge will try to ensure any leaflets/flyers are also up to date but this cannot be guaranteed.
- No refunds are issued by Edge, should a customer need to change a booking or cancel, a voucher for the amount of money paid will be issued which is valid for 12 months.
- No refunds or vouchers are issued for “no shows” on the day or for any cancellations within the 2 working day period as listed in point 4.
- Rude, aggressive and non-compliant behaviour will result in the activity being stopped immediately and being asked to leave the site. Breach of safety protocol as directed by the activity instructor will not be tolerated under any circumstance. No refunds will be issued.
- If participants are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, the activity will be stopped immediately, and you will be asked to leave the site. No refunds will be issued.
- If an any stage during an activity session, the instructor deems you unsafe, or incapable of progression through the activity or you decide you no longer want to continue, no refunds or vouchers will be issued.
- In the event of activities not being able to go ahead or stopped midway through a session Edge will either re arrange your activity or issue a voucher. This will be at the discretion of Edge management and/or staff.
- Should you take the decision to not attend on the day due to the weather, no refunds or vouchers will be issued. Edge is an outdoor activity centre and as such has to operate where possible regardless of the weather until this effects participant and staff safety or will cause damage to equipment in the case of electrical components and water ingress.
- Edge reserves the right to postpone, cancel or re arrange your activity at any time due to inclement weather.
- All activities at Edge are Instructor led with the exception of Foot pool and Orienteering, you must be present for the safety briefing before commencing with the activity.
- PPE is required to be worn by the participants on some activities at Edge. This is without exception and non-compliance will result in your activity being cancelled without refund or compensation.
- It is advised that pregnant women to not participate in any activities. Edge cannot be held accountable for any injury caused to you, or your child should you wish to participate in any pursuits whilst on site.
- Potential clients with disabilities should contact Edge to discuss options before booking. We will try where possible to accommodate all clients.
Childrens Day Camp
It is important that the young people arrive prepared for a full day of activities. Please ensure:
- They arrive with money for lunch/and or refreshments, a packed lunch or lunch has been booked in advance.
- They are dressed for the weather.
- They have strong robust footwear, not open toes or flip flops
- They have a hat to prevent heat stroke
- They have sun-cream
- They have a water bottle
- They are able to tie long hair back
- Parents do not leave young people without completing a medical form which includes contact details.